ECARX Accelerates Next Generation of In-Vehicle Computing; Collaborates with Epic Games using Unreal Engine
New suite of products and cutting-edge collaboration will overhaul the in-vehicle experience, pioneering a new era of intelligent vehicles
"Today is a landmark moment for ECARX," said ECARX co-founder, Chairman and CEO,
During the company's inaugural investor day, ECARX revealed a wide range of new hardware and software solutions that form the core of a long-term product strategy. These include the Antora series to fulfill increasing System-on-a-Chip demands in the electric vehicle market, Makalu to push the boundaries of the driver experience, the Super Brain central computing platform to power the evolution of advanced driver assistance systems (ADAS), and Cloudpeak to serve as cross-domain system software.
Antora series: Fulfilling the increasing System-on-a-Chip demand in the electric vehicle market
- Powerful 7 nanometer automotive-focused System-on-a-Chip that increases overall computing power of the car
- Streamlines system integration with 40 percent fewer pins
- Certified for functional safety and information security; supports rich intelligent cockpit hardware configurations
Antora 1000 Pro
- Powerful 200k DMIPS computing power
- 1.8 TFLOPS graphics rendering capability
- Inter-module video stream latency lowered by 51 percent than other mass-produced flagship platforms
- All-in-one computing platform integrating cockpit and parking, as well as some ADAS functions
Makalu: Pushing the boundaries of the driver experience
- One of the most powerful intelligent cockpit platforms, enabling real-time 3D environment rendering with server level processing performance
- Shaping the future of gaming inside the vehicle, an immersive dashboard experience, and personalized entertainment for passengers
- Multiple 4K displays can be supported to maximize the precision of the graphics
Super Brain Platform: Powering the evolution of ADAS & the Software Defined Vehicle
- An "all-in-one" solution that integrates the cockpit, driving, and vehicle control with ECARX full-stack hardware and software technologies
- Combining the SE1000, cutting edge System-on-a-Chip (SoC), with advanced AD chipsets to bring AI performance to its full potential
- To enable improvements in the performance and efficiency of the E/E architecture and drive the evolution from intelligent EVs to intelligent mobile devices
Cloudpeak: Cross-domain foundation for intelligent vehicles
- A multi-pillar & cross-domain system built by ECARX global R&D teams in collaboration with HaleyTek – the joint venture between ECARX and Volvo
- Supports multiple hardware platforms and multiple application ecosystems
- Meets highest standards of safety and security around the globe
In addition to the major product announcements, ECARX shared details of plans to leverage Epic Games’ ’ Unreal Engine. Unreal Engine will work closely with ECARX to provide software, support, and 3D technology that will underpin and enhance cockpit visuals and enable passenger interactive entertainment in one of the most ambitious visual-imaging partnerships in the automotive industry. ECARX will harness visuals developed for leading
The collaboration expands the ecosystem for ECARX's next-generation digital cockpit by enabling an immersive user experience through in-vehicle gaming and the development of desktop-level 3D visual effects. The next-generation digital cockpit is expected to first be available in intelligent vehicles from 2024 and will provide advanced gaming functionalities that include industry-leading graphics, a multiplayer framework, and high-quality cinematic experiences, among others.
"By leveraging Unreal Engine's groundbreaking software development platform and vast portfolio of industry-leading video games, ECARX will be able to deliver advanced gaming and cinematic capabilities directly to the dashboard of a car,"
The collaboration between ECARX and Epic Games represents an important strategic milestone for the company, and builds on recent agreements with smart, AMD, Meizu, FAW, and SiEngine to drive innovation in the industry and create robust pathways to growth.
Join the ECARX Investor Day via Live Stream
The ECARX Investor Day will begin at
A livestream of the Investor Day along with the presentation of the event can be found on the company's investor relations page, and available on-demand at: www.ecarxgroup.com/investorday
ECARX (Nasdaq: ECX) is a global mobility-tech provider partnering with OEMs to reshape the automotive landscape as the industry transitions to an all-electric future. As OEMs develop new vehicle platforms from the ground up, ECARX is developing a full-stack solution – central computer, System-on-a-Chip (SoCs) and software to help continuously improve the in-car user experience. The company's products have been integrated into more than 5.0 million cars worldwide, and it continues to shape the interaction between people and vehicles by rapidly advancing the technology at the heart of smart mobility.
ECARX was founded in 2017 and today we have more than 1,500 team members. The co-founders are two automotive entrepreneurs, Chairman and CEO
This release contains statements that are forward-looking statements within the meaning of the
For a discussion of these and other risks and uncertainties that could cause actual results to differ materially from those expressed in any forward-looking statement, see ECARX's filings with the
View original content:https://www.prnewswire.com/news-releases/ecarx-accelerates-next-generation-of-in-vehicle-computing-partners-with-unreal-engines-301819288.html
Investor Contacts: Adam Kay, firstname.lastname@example.org, Media Contacts: ECARX-Media@teneo.com